Sunday, February 22, 2009

New book to add to the shelf...


I started reading Beth Moore's Get Out Of That Pit....I am reading it on a daily basis and sometimes I feel that this book picked me out in the store...As many of you know...my life has been in turmoil the past few months...I have always had a tremendous faith in God...but it seems lately I have been asking questions "why me" , "when, if ever will my life be back on track?" Today I ventured to church...by myself...to some, it seems so petty, however, for me it was a great accomplishment...I am the girl who hides in the corner and sits on the back pew...The sermon today was on prayer....I have been praying so much lately...I am forgetting to listen to God's response...At the end of the service we sang As the deer panteth for the water....it is a song I grew up singing in youth group..I almost felt like I was called to be there at that very sermon and was crying as I sang that song....I challenge you all to take some time to pray and communicate with God....but always be still and patient waiting on his response.
Love to you all
Lee Ann

2 comments:

  1. O that is so awesome! To get up and go to church by yourself is hard. I am so proud of you and that the LORD brought you that book!

    Lamentations 3:22-27
    God is at work. Love you! And am praying for you and your Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for giving yourself that experience. Beth Moore is amazing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete