Saturday, October 10, 2009

Starting a new chapter!!!

Well, I have great news...I am divorced and the full residential custodial parent of Logan...meaning that we are moving to Mississippi in a few days!!! I can not begin to describe the emotions I have been going thru since last december when this all began. When you have a child, you can not imagine not waking up with them every Christmas morning, not being there for their every "first", not being there for every birthday, but unfortunately that is the reality of divorce and it has taken me many months to accept this.

I certainly could not have done this by myself. Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers by many family, friends and even strangers...Prayers were definitely answered!!

Logan had an eye appointment in Pittsburgh 2 weeks ago. Dr. Hertle took one look at him and said he has ocularcutaneous albinism. I was always told it was ocular albinism, but his skin is affected as well. He is having surgery in November to help correct his nystagmus (dancing of the eyes) and ambylopia (cross-eyes). He will still wear glasses and the doctor wants him to wear contacts as soon as possible..I think potty training needs to come before contacts:)

Again, words can not describe how thrilled I am with the outcome of the divorce. I had questioned my faith at times, but prayers were answered, maybe not in my time, but in God's time. Logan and I are ready to get involved with a church, go trick-or-treating together, go to the rest of the MSU games and have a great time tailgating, spending the holidays with family and friends. We are ready for this new chapter to begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I have been praying and praying for y'all, and I'm super excited you're coming home!! I would LOVE to get the boys together to play very soon!! I'm sure you'll have lots of people to see when you get here, but we want to be on your list. I am also dying to catch up with you!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O I am so thankful to hear it ... so thankful! You have been in my prayers. I can't wait to welcome you home with open arms! I don't have kids but I am about to move into a new home! YAY! We close Nov. 13th. I hope to have you and Logan over. Please say you'll come by.
    Praising the LORD with you. I know you said you questioned your faith, faith not questioned is not real faith.

    ReplyDelete