Monday, November 9, 2009

Logan's Room (well almost)

Old original nursery picture with LOGAN and cute homemade mobiles in the back made with beanie babies Painting mom gave me for the nursery to match the crib bedding

Logan's new room with real big boy bed
Wall hangings in new roon that are velcroed to the wall


another picture of the animal alphabet


This weekend was great...Lots of Christmas shopping at Mistletoe Marketplace, shopping in general (Target, the mall, Stein Mart, etc. all the favorites), and redecorated Logan's room (well almost).
I found these beautiful 8 X 10 animal pictures, 26 of them with the alphabet. I knew they would be perfect for Logan's room. At Mistletoe, they had them hanging with ribbon. Mom and I were going to try it, but knew it would be hard to hang evenly and it might be a little "girly". Mom had the bright idea to hang them with velcro. It worked out great. We then decided to use the material that went around Logan's bassinet as window decor. This material was also used to make the mobiles that were used in his nursery. Mom and Aunt Phyllis made 3 mobiles for the nursery using my Beanie Babies in October of 2007 when I was pregnant. They then came up in November to decorate the nursery. Mom also had a huge animal wall hanging made for the nursery.

As many of yall know, I only got to enjoy Logan's nursery for Logan's first 11 months..and really had not "enjoyed" it since June 8, 2008..the day I found out about the affair..Then in January of 2009 I moved out and lived with my great friend Sheri and her girls where Logan and I shared a room. I slept in a twin bed and Logan slept in his pack and play (everybody's dream right??)..SO I wanted to make this room perfect.

Logan had his " companionship time" this weekend. I asked EX to bring the mobiles and the picture...Do you think he brought them...of course not...It was for Logan, but I should have expected him to be so selfish...this was the same person who talked on the phone with his mistress 3 1/2 hours the day Logan was born. Ex drives a Jeep Commander (not exactly a smart car) and did not have room for 3 mobiles and a picture (granted when I moved home I brought a toddler bed, all my clothes, Logan's clothes and toys). So the room is almost complete (except the cute mobiles, LOGAN hanging on the wall, and the animal painting).

Hope you all have a great week. Logan and I are taking a little trip and our final destination will be Starkvegas on Friday to see the DAWGS beat NASTY NICK !!

1 comment:

  1. The room is ADROABLE! I love it! I hope to see it in Person!
    Logan's got such a great Momma to fix his room up JUST RIGHT!
    I hate to hear that you didn't get the mobiles but the room is just as cute without them. I do hope he'll return them though.
    Things will get better. =O) I know they will. HOpe to see you sooner than later. It's green and red M&M time and I ALWAYS think of you when I see them.
    - Lea Freeny Browne

    ReplyDelete